Tours, Presentations, Group Projects, Food & Funds Drives
To volunteer at our Santa Maria Warehouse, please contact Darlene: email@example.com
Our most urgent need is volunteers who can help in our warehouse, transporting food around town, and distributing food. The commitment is typically:
- 1 weekday per week long-term (morning and afternoon shifts available)
- 2 weekdays per month long-term (7:00 - 10:00am)
- 1 weekday afternoon per month for either 7 weeks or 9 months (3:30-4:30pm)
We have lots of volunteer opportunities for people who can help remote/from home or helping us promote the Foodbank at events and out and about in our community. Click here to see these types of volunteer opportunities: http://volunteeringatfoodbank.blogspot.com/p/flexible-schedule.html
If you don't find a volunteer opportunity below that works for you and you would still like to help, please consider donating. Click here to see all of the ways you can donate: http://bit.ly/1wd89lg.
We have volunteers grouped into teams or specific types of volunteer opportunities. We need Volunteer Coordinators to act as a leader for each of these teams. This would entail:
- Keeping track of who is assigned to each job within a team
- Tracking volunteer hours for the team
- Reminding the team of their scheduled hours so they don't forget to show up
- Building a cohesive team environment where everyone is asked for feedback and feels valued
- Organizing team get-togethers so everyone can get to know each other
We are looking for volunteers who can commitment for as long as possible (or at least a semester) so the group has consistency in leadership.
Sign up via this link and we will contact you with more details: http://bit.ly/1tEsmya
Food Transportation Team
We need volunteers to pick up food donations at grocery stores and local businesses during the holidays and on a regular basis. If you are not able to commit to helping one day per week for at least 3 months, please consider signing up for another position.