Sign Up for a Foodbank Field Trip
- Tour our warehouse to learn about how we make a difference in our community
- Schedule a day and time for Foodbank to give a presentation at YOUR OFFICE
- Sign up here: http://bit.ly/1nJADvF
Events Coming Up
- National Association of Women Business Owner's (NAWBO) Mixer at Santa Barbara Foodbank Warehouse (4554 Hollister Ave) Oct 22nd from 5:30 - 7:30pm. Sign up here to volunteer to help with set-up/clean-up from 4:00 - 8:00pm: http://bit.ly/1xWM89k. If you are a business owner, or would like to become one, this is an event for you to meet like-minded women. Check out their website for more details (https://www.nawbo-sb.com/component/jse_event/event/24/0)
- SB Open Streets (Santa Barbara) Oct 25 - sign up here: http://sbopenstreets.org/volunteer/ to volunteer for the event OR sign up here to help staff the Foodbank booth and make smoothies with our bike blender:
A hunger education film will be played at the Lobero Theatre on Oct 30th from 2:00 - 3:30 and then they will have a panel discussion from 3:30 - 5:00. The film is called "A Place at the Table" - see the details here: http://www.lobero.com/events/awakened-world-place-table/. I saw this film last year and it completely blew me away! Even though I work to eliminate hunger in our county, I couldn't believe all of the issues that people have to face to get assistance!
You are invited to watch the film and then volunteer to man the Foodbank booth afterward. We will be signing up people to volunteer and collecting donations.
We only need 2 volunteers to man our booth, so if you would like to come and just watch the film, please purchase your tickets at the link above. To volunteer to man our booth, sign-up here: http://bit.ly/1x6x6ge
- Empty Bowls (Santa Barbara) Nov 2nd - a fundraiser for the Foodbank where guests get to select a beautiful pottery bowl and sample the best soups in town! We need volunteers to pick up soup at local restaurants, set up/take down, and serve lunch - sign up here: http://bit.ly/1xam0aE
- Santa Barbara Veteran's Marathon (Santa Barbara) Nov 7th - we need volunteers to man our booth, collect donations, and make smoothies with our bike blender from 10:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00, or 4:00-8:00 - sign up here: http://bit.ly/1uwo92n
Join our Volunteer Public Relations Team
See all of our job descriptions here: http://bit.ly/11yz7bD
Organize a Grocery Store Food and Funds Drive
Collect food and money donations at local grocery stores. This can be done any day/any time as long as the volunteers are able to get the food back to the warehouse before 3:00pm Monday – Friday or can store the food in your vehicle/garage until the next business day.
Santa Barbara Elite Cheer team collected 200 pounds of food and $400 in 3 hours! This provided 3,450 meals!